SummaryTerms of Service
Last Updated: January 30, 2019
Your relationship with us
Welcome to the Zapee mobile app (the “Platform”).
You are reading the terms of service (the “Terms”) governing the relationship and serving as a contract between you and us for your access to and use of our site, services, applications, products and content (which include, but are not limited to) Platform) (collectively, the “Services”). The Services are provided or controlled by Mobiuspace HK Co., Limited (“Mobiuspace”, “us” or “us”), a Hong Kong registered corporation. Our services are provided for private, non-commercial use. For purposes of these Terms, "you" and "yours" mean you as the user of the Services.
The Terms form a legally binding contract between you and us. Take some time to read them carefully.
- 2.1. If you access or use the Services in a jurisdiction for which separate supplemental terms exist, you also agree to the supplemental terms applicable to users in each jurisdiction, as described in the relevant section "Supplemental Terms - Jurisdiction-Specific" below. Access to the Services in jurisdictions where the content or practices of the Services are illegal, unauthorized or penalized is strictly prohibited. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not access or use our Services.
2.2. If you are accessing or using the Services on behalf of a company or entity, then:
- 2.2.1. “You” and “yours” include you and that company or entity;
- 2.2.2. You represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the company or entity, with authority to bind the entity to these Terms, and you agree to these Terms on behalf of the entity;
- 2.2.3. Your company or entity is legally and financially responsible for your access to and use of the Services, as well as the use of your account by others affiliated with your entity, including any employees, agents, or service providers.
Changes to Terms
3.1. We change these Terms from time to time, for example, when we update the functionality of our Services or when there are regulatory changes. In general, we will notify all users of any significant changes to these Terms by means of a notice on our Platform. However, you should visit the Terms regularly to check for changes. Your continued access to or use of the Services after the date of the new Terms constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you must stop accessing or using the Services.
Your account with us
- 4.1. To access or use some of our Services, you must create an account with us. When you create this account, you must provide accurate and up-to-date information. It is important that you maintain and promptly update your data and any other information you provide to keep it current and complete.
- 4.2. It is important that you keep your account password confidential and do not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that a third party knows your password or has accessed your account, you should notify us immediately at email@example.com.
- 4.3. You agree that you are solely responsible (to us and to other users of our Services) for the activity that occurs on your account.
- 4.4. We reserve the right to disable your user account at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, you have not complied with any provision of these Terms.
- Your Access and Use of Our Services
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. You can not:
- 5.1. Access or use the Services if you are not fully capable and legally competent to agree to these Terms;
- 5.2. Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or create any derivative works based on the Services, including any files, tables or documentation (or any part thereof) or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques. incorporated into the Platform or any derivative works thereof
- 5.3. Distribute, license, transfer or sell, in whole or in part, any of the Services or any derivative works thereof;
- 5.4. Market, rent or lease the Services for a fee or charge or use the Platform to advertise or make any commercial solicitation;
- 5.5. To interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services, to harm our site or any networks connected to the Services, or to ignore any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services;
- 5.6. Incorporate the Platform or any part of it into any other program or product. In such event, we reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or limit access to the Services in our sole discretion;
- 5.7. Use automated scripts to collect information or otherwise interact with the Services;
- 5.8. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent you or your affiliation with any person or entity, including giving the impression that any content you submit, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available from the Services;
- 5.9. Bullying or harassing others or promoting sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- 5.10. Use or attempt to use someone else's account, service or system without Mobiuspace authorization or create a fake identity on the Services;
- 5.11. Use the Services in a manner that may create a conflict of interest or impair the purposes of the Services, such as marketing reviews with other users or writing or requesting false reviews;
- 5.12. Use the Services to upload, transmit, distribute, store or otherwise make available (including for the purpose of creating and / or transmitting content):
- 5.13. Files containing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious or technologically harmful material;
- 5.14. Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional material, “junk”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other prohibited form of solicitation;
- 5.15. Any third-party private information, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, number and resource on the personal identity document (for example, national insurance numbers, passport numbers) or credit card numbers;
- 5.16. Any content that constitutes, encourages, or provides instructions for a criminal offense, dangerous activity, or self-harm;
- 5.17. Any content that is deliberately designed to provoke or antagonize people, especially troll behavior, or that is intended to harass, scare, disturb, embarrass or disturb people;
- 5.18. Any content that has any kind of threat, including threats of physical violence;
- 5.19. Any content that is racist or discriminatory, including discrimination based on one's race, religion, age, gender, disability or sexuality;
- 5.20. Any responses, replies, comments, opinions, reviews, or recommendations that you are not properly licensed or qualified to provide; or content that, at Mobiuspace's sole discretion, is objectionable, that restricts or inhibits anyone else from using the Services or that may expose Mobiuspace, the Services or their users to any damage or liability of any kind.
We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to remove or disable access to the content at our discretion for any reason. Some of the reasons we may remove or disable access to content may include objectionable content that violates these Terms or our Community Policy or is otherwise harmful to the Services or our users.
6.1. We respect intellectual property rights and ask you to do the same. As a condition of your access to and use of the Services, you agree not to use the Services to infringe any intellectual property rights. We reserve the right, with or without notice at any time and in our sole discretion, to block access and / or terminate the accounts of any user who infringes or is accused of infringing copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- 7.1. Between you and Mobiuspace, all content (except User Content (as defined below)), software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music and the appearance of the Services and all related intellectual property rights (the “Mobiuspace Content”) are owned or licensed by Mobiuspace. However, you or your licensors will own any User Content that you submit or transmit through the Services. Use of Mobiuspace Content or materials on the Services for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms is strictly prohibited. Such content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any purpose without our prior written consent or, where applicable, that of our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and with respect to their content. sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any purpose without our prior written consent or, where applicable, that of our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and with respect to their content. sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any purpose without our prior written consent or, where applicable, that of our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and with respect to their content.
- 7.2. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, you are granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Services, including to download the Platform on a permitted device and to access Mobiuspace Content through your use of the Services. Mobiuspace reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Mobiuspace Content and Services. You acknowledge and agree that Mobiuspace may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- 7.3. No rights are licensed with respect to sound recordings and musical works made available through or through the service.
- 7.4. You acknowledge and agree that by viewing content provided by others on the Services (including any User Content), you do so at your own risk. Content on our Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to provide advice that you should turn to. You must obtain professional or expert advice before taking or refraining from any action based on the content of our Services.
- 7.5. We make no representations, obligations or warranties, express or implied, that any Mobiuspace Content (including User Content) is accurate, complete or up to date. When our Platform and / or Services contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, those links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of these sites or resources. These links should not be construed as approval by us of these linked sites or any information you may obtain from them. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen.
- 7.6. Mobiuspace takes reasonable steps to promptly remove from our Services any infringing material that we become aware of. Mobiuspace's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, is to disable or terminate user accounts of the Services that repeatedly infringe third party copyright or intellectual property rights.
8.1. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Mobiuspace, its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and advisors from any and all claims, liability, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, fees. attorneys and expenses arising from a breach by you or any user of your account of these Terms or arising from a breach of your obligations, representation and warranties under these Terms.
- 9.1. Nothing in these Terms will affect any statutory rights that you may not contractually agree to change or to which you may not waive and for which you are legally authorized as a consumer.
9.2. The Services are provided "as is" and we make no warranty or representation to you with respect to them. In particular, we do not represent or warrant that:
- 9.2.1. Your use of the services will meet your requirements;
- 9.2.2. Your use of the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free;
- 9.2.3. Any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the services will be accurate or reliable; and defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the services will be corrected.
- 9.2.4. No conditions, warranties, or other terms (including any implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a purpose, or compliance with the description) apply to the services except to the extent expressly contained in the terms. We may change, suspend, cancel or restrict the availability of all or any part of our platform for operational and business reasons at any time without notice.
- 10.1. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for losses that may not be legally excluded or limited by applicable law. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or service providers and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
10.2. Subject to the above paragraph, we will not be liable to you for the following:
- 10.2.1. Any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly);
- 10.2.2. Any loss of reputation of the company;
- 10.2.3. Any loss of opportunity;
- 10.2.4. Any data loss suffered by you;
- 10.2.5. Any indirect or consequential losses that may be incurred by you.
- 10.2.6. Any other loss will be limited to the amount you paid to Mobiuspace in the last 12 months.
- 10.2.7. any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of your reliance on the completeness, accuracy or existence of an advertisement or arising out of a relationship or transaction between you and an advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the service;
- 10.2.8. Any changes we may make to the services or for any permanent or temporary termination of the provision of services (or any features in the services);
- 10.2.9. Removal, corruption or storage failure of any content and other communication data managed or transmitted by or through your use of the services;
- 10.2.10. Your inability to provide us with accurate information; or your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
- 10.3. Please note that we provide our platform for home and private use only. You agree not to use our platform for commercial or commercial purposes, and we have no liability to you in case of lost profits, loss of business, loss of business or company reputation, disruption of business or loss of business opportunity.
- 10.4. If the defective digital content we provide damages a device or digital content that you own and is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will repair the damage or pay compensation. However, we will not be responsible for damages that you could avoid by following our guidance to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damages that you cause not following the installation instructions correctly or not meeting the minimum system requirements recommended by us.
- 10.5. These limitations of our liability to you will apply whether or not we have been advised or should be aware of the possibility of such losses.
- 10.6. You are responsible for any mobile costs that may apply to the use of our services, including text messaging and data charges. If you are not sure what these rates may be, you should ask your service provider before using the services.
- 11.1. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms, their subject matter and their formation are governed by the laws of Hong Kong. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any matter regarding the existence, validity or termination of these Terms, shall be submitted and finally settled by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (“HKIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules. Hong Kong International Arbitration Center ("HKIAC Rules") in force at the time, and those rules are deemed incorporated by reference into this clause. The seat of arbitration shall be from Hong Kong. The Tribunal shall consist of three (3) arbitrators. The language of arbitration shall be English.
- 11.2. Full Contract. These Terms constitute the entire legal agreement between you and Mobiuspace, govern your use of the Services and completely supersede any prior agreements between you and Mobiuspace with respect to the Services.
- 11.3. Links You may link to our home page as long as you do so fairly and lawfully and do not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You should not link to us to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by us when none exists. You must not link to our Platform on any site that you do not own. The site you are linking to must comply, in all respects, with the content standards set forth in “Your Access and Use of Our Services” above.
- 11.4. Age limit. The Platform does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the applicable age in your country or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. By accessing or using the Platform, you confirm that you meet the applicable age limit. If we find that someone under the applicable age is using the platform, we will terminate this user's account.
- 11.5. No Waivers. Our failure to insist or enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
- 11.6. Safety. We do not guarantee that our Platform will be safe or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our Platform. You must use your own virus protection software.
- 11.7. Autonomy of Clauses. If any court having jurisdiction to decide on such matter determines that any provision of these Terms is invalid, that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the remainder of the Terms, and the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- 11.8. Any question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
last updated: October 14, 2019
We understand that our users care about how their personal information is used and shared. On our way to Inspire Every Corner of the World Through Technology, we work hard to protect your information and take your privacy seriously.
I – purpose: processing done for legitimate, specific and explicit purposes of which the data subject is informed, with no possibility of subsequent processing that is incompatible with these purposes;
II – suitability: compatibility of the processing with the purposes communicated to the data subject, in accordance with the context of the processing;
III - necessity: limitation of the processing to the minimum necessary to achieve its purposes, covering data that are relevant, proportional and non-excessive in relation to the purposes of the data processing;
IV – free access: guarantee to the data subjects of facilitated and free of charge consultation about the form and duration of the processing, as well as about the integrity of their personal data;
V – quality of the data: guarantee to the data subjects of the accuracy, clarity, relevancy, and updating of the data, in accordance with the need and for achieving the purpose of the processing;
VI – transparency: guarantee to the data subjects of clear, precise and easily accessible information about the carrying out of the processing and the respective processing agents, subject to commercial and industrial secrecy;
VII – security: use of technical and administrative measures which are able to protect personal data from unauthorized access and accidental or unlawful situations of destruction, loss, alteration, communication, or dissemination;
VIII – prevention: adoption of measures to prevent the occurrence of damage due to the processing of personal data;
IX – nondiscrimination: impossibility of carrying out the processing for unlawful or abusive discriminatory purposes; and
X – accountability: demonstration by the agent of the adoption of measures which are efficient and capable of proving compliance with the rules of personal data protection, including the efficacy of such measures.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES ZAPEE COLLECT?
The information we collect can be generally placed in two categories: 1) data on how the users use our Services; 2) aggregate data on the content with which the users engage. We collect information to provide better services to you—from figuring out basic stuff such as which language you speak to more complex things such as which ads you will find most useful or which Zapee videos you might like. The information we collect and how that information is used depends on how you use our Services and how you manage your privacy controls.
You understand and consent that we may provide and share the information to our partners so that they too can provide you with an optimal experience, but we never disclose information to a partner in the manner that would identify you personally.
When you are not signed in to a valid account, we use the unique identifiers tied to the application or device you are using to collect information. When you are signed in with a third party account, e.g., your Google Account, we use that specific account to collect information.
For greater certainty, whenever you interact with our website or apps, we automatically receive and record information including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested from your browser on our server logs. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
Whenever you interact with Zapee, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs. The information we collect includes:
- Services usage data. This may include your age and gender, the languages you use, the terms you search for, the videos you watch, your views and interactions with content and ads, voice and audio information when you use audio features, purchase activity, people with whom you communicate or share content, information regarding the version of our software you are using, the location where you download our software, how often you launch our software, and which features you use.
- Data on the quality of our Services. This may include the interaction of your devices with our Services such as IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request, and your connection between your phone and your computer.
- Data on user downloads. This may include information regarding which videos you download and your average download speed.
- Aggregate statistics on content. This may include the number of contacts you have on your phone, how many contacts you have marked as favorites, and the number of apps, songs, videos, or other content you have on your phone. This information is only collected as meta-data, without reference to you or your contacts’ identities.
- Hardware and software identification. This may include the device type, settings and image resolution, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, the version of Android operating system, the size of your device’s screen, and internal storage. We support over 500 different Android devices and this helps us prioritize support for different kinds of hardware and software.
- Location information. We may collect information about your location when you use our Services. Your location might be determined by GPS, IP address, sensor data from your device, and the information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices.
A few features to note:
- If our software crashed when you were using it, the crash report sent to our server may contain some information about the operating system that you use.
- If you download content via our desktop software, we store a copy to your computer so that the next time you connect your phone you don't have to download it again.
- If you provide us with your name and email address, we will use this information for the purpose of contacting you regarding our Services and products. You may opt out of such communications at any time by unsubscribing through our Website or contacting us through one of the methods listed at the end of this policy.
The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the applicable age in your country or knowingly allow such persons to register unless it is upon the specific and highlighted consent of at least one of the parents or the legal representatives of the child. If you are a child, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us without the permission of your parents or legal representatives, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No child may provide any personal information to Company or on the Website without necessary permission from their parents or legal representatives. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to verify that the consent referred to above was given by the child’s representatives, considering available technologies. When we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Children’s personal data may be collected without the consent mentioned above when collection is necessary to contact the parents or the legal representatives, used one single time and not stored, or for their protection, and under no circumstances shall the data be passed on to third parties without consents as provided herein. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
The data we collect is sent to the Company servers in the USA in aggregate form and added to our system for analysis. Our Services will not collect the following information without your specific consent or satisfying the preconditions required by applicable laws:
- Your, your friends’, your cat’s phone numbers
- Any of the content of your text messages, either sent or received
- Your music, photos, video, or any contents you download via our Services
- Your sensitive personal data concerning racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, trade union or religious, philosophical or political organization membership, data concerning health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, when related to a natural person
WHY DOES ZAPEE COLLECT INFORMATION?
To Be the Visionary in the Field of Content Discovery and Entertainment Evolution, we do our best to execute our core values: Kaizen and Create Value for Our Users. The information we collect from all our Services is for the purposes of providing better services to you.
Provide, Maintain, Improve and Develop our Services. We use your information to deliver our Services, and to ensure our Services are working faster, better, and more stably. We also use the information we collect in existing Services to help us develop new ones to better suit our users’ needs.
Provide Personalized Services. We use the information we collect to customize our Services for you, including providing recommendations and personalized content. We don’t show you personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, trade union or religious, philosophical or political organization membership, data concerning health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, when related to a natural person. Also, we don’t share or use information that can personally identify you.
Measure Performance. We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our Services are used, which will help us to know the pros and cons of particular features and the performance of advertisers’ ad campaigns as well. The ability to measure our performance is an essential part of Kaizen.
Interact with You. We may use the information we collect to contact you, which enables us to make sure the services we provide are safe and without interruption, e.g. when there is any abnormal action of your account or any important event that you need to know. It also enables us to respond to your request as soon as possible if there is a need.
Protect Public Policy. We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our Services. We may carry out processing of personal data under the following circumstances:
a) for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation by the controller; b) by the public administration, for the processing and shared used of data which are necessary for the execution of public policies provided in laws or regulations, or based on contracts, agreements or similar instruments, subject to the provisions of Chapter IV of Brazilian General Data Protection Law, the Law No. 13,709, of August 14, 2018; c) when necessary for the execution of a contract or preliminary procedures related to a contract of which the data subject is a party, at the request of the data subject; d)for regular exercise of rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration procedures; e) for the protection of life of physical safety of the data subject or a third party; f) to protect health, in a procedure carried out by health professionals or by health entities; g) when necessary to fulfill the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, except when the data subject’s fundamental rights and liberties which require personal data protection prevail; or h) for the protection of credit, including as provided in the pertinent legislation.
YOUR RIGHTS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All natural persons are assured ownership of their personal data, with the fundamental rights of freedom, intimacy and privacy being guaranteed.
You have the right to obtain the following from the controller, namely the Company, regarding your information being processed by the controller, at any time and by means of an express request of you or your legally constituted representative to the processing agent, to the extent allowed by applicable laws:
- Confirmation of the existence of the processing. You may at any time confirm the processing of data by reviewing the terms and policies of the Company, emailing us or any other means provided by us.
- Access to the data. When you are signed in, you can review and manage your basic personal data as well as data regarding your use of the applications. When you are signed out, you can also manage your information associated with your browser or device.
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date data. If you find out there is any incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date information about you, you can contact us at any time regarding these issues and we will correct the information in accordance with what you reasonably provide.
- Anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary or excessive data or data processed in noncompliance with the provisions of applicable laws. You can at any time expressly request us to anonymize, block or delete certain information which you believe is unnecessary or excessive for data processing and is not in compliance with applicable laws through email.
- Portability of the data to another service or product provider. By means of an express request and subject to commercial and industrial secrecy, you can export a copy of content in your Account if you want to back it up or use it with a service outside of Zapee by emailing us, pursuant to the regulation of the controlling agency. This does not include data that has already been anonymized by the controller.
- Deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject. You can choose to delete your personal information by emailing us unless the use and/or disclosure of the information is for the purposes of a) compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation by the controller; b) transfer to third parties; or c) exclusive use of the controller, with access by third parties being prohibited, and the provided data being anonymized.
- Information about public and private entities with which the controller has shared data. During the collection and processing of your information, we may share or disclose your personal data to third parties. The processor shall carry out the processing according to the instructions provided by the controller, which shall verify the obedience of the own instructions and of the rules governing the subject. You are entitled to know information about either public or private entities with which we have shared data by emailing us.
- Revocation of consent. You can at any time revoke your consent, by express manifestation, through a facilitated and free of charge procedure to the processing of your information to the extent allowed by applicable laws. We provide various means for such revocation, e.g. through emails or privacy settings in the applications or your devices.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
When you manifestly make your information public, your consent is deemed to be made through your action and we no longer need further consent from you to the extent allowed by applicable laws.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Though the data protection laws vary among countries, we try our best to comply with all applicable laws. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy as well as comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, the Brazilian Data Protection Law.
Zapee is built with reliable security features that continuously protect your information. We keep detecting and automatically blocking security threats from ever reaching you.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit;
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems;
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We try to ensure that our Services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org